Comfortable transportation in buses is provided by the School. We encourage all parents to opt usage of School transport. Children are picked up and dropped at fixed bus points.
Children and educators travel together. Each bus has a fire prevention equipment, first aid and an attendant as precautionary measures. We take every measure possible to ensure that the children travel to and from school every day in a comfortable manner.k the edit button to change this text.
An important message about travel conditions for the students.
The student in your care has been allocated a seat on a school bus. Your co-operation would be greatly
appreciated to ensure that he/she is at the designated bus stop at least 5 minutes before the stated
arrival time of the bus, and is aware of the conduct expected on and around the bus.
As the parent / primary carer of the student, you are reminded of the following matters:
- School bus services are provided to ensure that students arrive at school safely and in sufficient time to prepare for school instruction. To ensure this objective is achieved it is the student’s parent/carer’s responsibility to see that students are not late for the bus.
- If waiting for a student, wait on the same side of the road as the bus stop, to eliminate the risk of him/her running across the road.
Safe school bus travel is a whole community responsibility. The following simple code of conduct has been prepared to maintain the Stateâ€™s good safety record.
I am text block. click the edit button to change this text.
- behave in an orderly fashion while waiting at the bus stop
- travel only on the allocated bus
- obey the driverâ€™s instructions
- remain seated for the whole journey
- talk quietly and refrain from calling out to passing traffic
- on leaving the bus, wait on the same side of the road until the bus has moved away from
the bus stop, and if necessary, cross the road only when there is a clear view of the traffic
in both directions.
Students will not:
- distract the attention of the driver by engaging in any “horseplay” such as yelling or making
- fight on the bus or at any bus stop or co-ordination point
- harass the driver or any other passenger on the bus
- use foul or abusive language
- vandalise the bus
- throw litter, or any other object, in or from a bus
- allow any part of his/her body to protrude from a bus
- smoke on the bus
- talk to the driver while the bus is moving
- use or take on the bus any alcohol or illegal drugs
- play on the roadway
- approach the bus until it has completely stopped
- attempt to board or leave the bus while it is moving.